Last week on the blog, we chatted all about why your photography business needs an actual workflow! If you haven’t read that post yet, I’d hop on over here to do so real quick, and then come back on over here. It’ll make more sense that way!
So now I’ve convinced you that you for sure need a workflow, what does that even look like…? How do you get started with implementing a workflow into your photography business, and what does it need to have in it?
SO glad you asked. 😉
5 Things Your Photography Business Workflow Needs To Have
1. A simple way to take payments 💸
- You need to be able to accept credit/debit cards, because this is the most convenient way for people to pay for their sessions! Yes, it’s going to take a small percentage for the credit card processing fee, but literally everyone has to deal with that. It’s just business! It’s a “It costs money to make money” kinda thing. 😉
2. A way to send contracts to clients, and get them digitally signed ✍🏼
- It’s absolutely VITAL that you’re sending contracts to your clients for their sessions; no if’s, and’s or but’s about it. Send them to everyone, including friends & acquaintances — just trust me.
- And please, please don’t try to write your own contract when you’re first starting out. (Or really, ever.) It’s possible your own written contract won’t hold up in court unless it’s been approved by a lawyer. So, if you need a good place to purchase a contract that’s been approved by a lawyer, (and even written by one,) check out these awesome ladies! I have their contracts and use them in my business to this day, and they’re awesome!
- The Contract Shop by Christina Scalera – (she’s a lawyer that specializes in writing contracts for creative business owners!)
- India Earl’s Contract – she’s a photographer that had a lawyer draft up a contract for us photographers!
- The Lawtog – (another lawyer that writes contracts for photographers!)
3. The option to save emails as templates ✍🏼
- Email templates are a BEAUTIFUL thing. The ability to apply a template to an email using one-click is something I don’t take for granted at ALL. I’d be wasting so many hours a day if I didn’t have this! Honeybook allows me to literally click to respond to an email, choose an email from my drop-down list of templates, and then add in any additional info and send it off! It’s one of the main reasons I have the client experience that I have. 🙌🏼
4. A calendar that has your back, and won’t let you double-book on accident 📆
- Honeybook is so awesome because it won’t allow you to accidentally double-book a date, which is such a blessing! It’s too easy to do this by accident when you’re manually scheduling out sessions, especially during the busy season. With Honeybook, if someone inquires about a date you’re already booked for, it lets you know! Basically, it’s the assistant you needed like yesterday.
5. Lead generation reports 📈
- Lead generation reports tell you exactly where your clients are coming from. Without a software that automatically tracks this, you’re losing out on data that is SUPER important to know for your overall marketing strategy. If you don’t know where the majority of your clients are coming from, you don’t know where to focus your marketing efforts – which results in you trying to show up everywhere with no strategy; leading to entrepreneurial burnout. No bueno. 🙅🏻♀️
So – we’ve now established why you need a workflow for your photography business, and what’s absolutely vital to include in it. #winning 😎
Now, you’re probably wondering how to get this show on the road. Well, you’ve got some options:
- You can sign up for Honeybook (my personal favorite,) to get started with implementing workflows into your business yourself.
The link above gives you a 50% discount off your first year, as well as a free trial! Honeybook has all the capabilities I listed above, and then some to get you rockin’ it out! 🙌🏼
- And if you want some extra help… I’ve got some exciting news for you! I have a BRAND spankin’ new service available to my photographer peeps. I seriously couldn’t wait to announce it the entire time I was writing this blog post, because it’s going to bring you so. much. LIFE. 😍🎉
If you know you want a workflow for your photography business that works, but you don’t have the time to deal with all the tech to implement it — (or you’re just overwhelmed and don’t know how, and want someone to just do it for you so you don’t have to think about it,) I’ve got juuust the thing.
Introducing… 🥁 the “JVP Honeybook Systems Setup!” 💃🏻🎉
The JVP Honeybook Systems Setup is perfect for you if:
- You’re tired of wasting hours communicating with clients back and forth to schedule things, with emails, texts, messenger, & dm’s everywhere.
- You don’t have an established workflow that’s running like a well-oiled machine, (and it’s costing you enormous amounts of time and money.)
- You’re ready to feel confident with your business systems, and want to be able to take on more clients, (but provide a consistent experience across all of them.)
- You’re ready to professionally present yourself to clients, and not feel insecure about the way you’re operating anymore. You wanna be LEGIT.
- You want more time to spend actually doing what you love, with the ones you love… not chained to your computer saying “hang on honey, just let me finish x-y-z.” 🙈 #guilty
Sound like you? If so, I can’t WAIT to chat with you about streamlining your business via Honeybook and getting you set up for success with systems that WORK. Say hello to more dolla bills in the bank, more happy clients, and more time to spend doing what you truly love. I’ll toast to that, friend! 🥂
Interested in learning more? Head to the link below to read all about the service; what it includes, and how much it is! I can’t WAIT to see your application in my inbox!! 😍💕
Looking for more helpful photography tips? Feel free to binge on these blog posts, or pin ’em on Pinterest for later! 👇🏼
If you’re short on time, follow me on Pinterest – and you’ll get these kinda tips delivered straight to your feed! You know… when you’re scrollin’ through Pinterest with coffee in hand, ready to take on the day… or, procrastinate.
Whatevs. Pinterest biz sesh, anybody!? 😎🥂